Dear Divine Consign,
What sort of household items do you take for consignment?
First, thanks for thinking of us. That’s a tricky question because it sorta “depends”.
General rule – if you can still walk into a department store in Lancaster and buy something similar, it is probably something we will be able to sell as well. However, VINTAGE is fun and we take odd-ball stuff all the time. If in doubt bring it (or a photo) along on your appointment and we can let you know.
1. Furniture: Our niche is “apartment” furniture: dressers, table sets, book shelves. Smaller things that 2 women can fit in an SUV is a good rule. We do take the occasional bigger item – i.e. a neutral sofa. If you aren’t sure a picture is helpful.
2. Current, modern, & like-new is best – IKEA, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel are hot items but we live in farm country so we still look at primitive country (no hearts or geese please) We also look at colors.- i.e. blue and chocolate comforter okay – hunter and burgundy floral comforter NOT okay. Always looking for spots and discolorations.
3. Smalls – lamps, decorative ceramic vases (not florist vases), unlit candles, wall art, willow tree figures, longaberger baskets, Tupperware, Pampered Chef are all things that do well.
4. Seasonal Decor – Wreaths and other decorations in like-new condition are great.
5. Things we do not take: wall sconces, brass, teddy bears motif, Fine china sets, glassware in general is a tough sell, appliances (sometimes if new, with manuals in box)
That said, what sort of items are you looking to bring in?
Hope that helps,